Do you think you could come up with 30 different ways how to use organic coconut oil (or copra oil)? Well, we have and would love to share every single one of them with you.
Ways how to treat your body
1. Try as a moisturizer for your skin. Oil from coconuts are well know for rejuvenating the dry skin. It deliver a refreshing burst of moisture to your skin and would truly heal it. It is very mild therefore unlikely cause allergic reactions, so it is suitable even for sensitive skin.
2. You can make some homemade soap with coconut oil, which would serve as a wonderful pure base. As a result it will simplify ingredients, add hardness to soap and will help break down grease. Check here a simple recipe for home made soap with just 3 ingredients.
3. Use it as massage oil. The benefits of massage are countless and we could all use a massage every now and then. Simply use copra oil and enjoy its light coconut scent.
4. Also copra oil is believed to help as a rash soother. Most importantly with its anti-inflammatory effects. In result it the can relieve the symptoms of swelling and irritation. As well as help to ease of a dreadful itch.
5. Using coconut oil as a bath oil it will soften your water and your skin. Add just a bit of it to your bath. Enjoy lovely aroma. Oil will melt and swirl through the water thus naturally coating your skin and leaving it feeling smooth, healthy and moisturizer.
6. Apply it while sunbathing. Coconut oil has a natural SPF (4-5) and contains antioxidants that help protect the skin from harmful radiation of the sun. It is a natural sunscreen. Obviously though, because of low amount of SPF it is not sufficient for a long day in the sun. So just add red raspberry seed oil and other natural products that contain SPF to make your own sunscreen.
7. Coconut oil might help you to prevent stretch marks. So if you already have unsightly stretch marks you can slather warm extra virgin coconut oil on these marks before going to bed. Massage gently to ensure it absorbs deep into your skin. Use lukewarm water to rinse your affected area in the morning. It would not remove your stretch marks, but could result in reducing their appearance by improving the state of the skin. Besides it is totally natural. For more serious results we love this wonderful oil mix.
8. Use it on your cracked heels. If your heels are cracked and dry coconut oil is a super moisturizer. It can help soften and smooth that dry irritated skin. Use a pumice stone first to sloughed off any excess buildup of dead cells then get a little bit of copra oil on your fingertips and massage it into your heals well and let them dry. Meanwhile, you can repeat this daily.
Coconut oil for face care
9. Make a lip scrub to slough off any dry skin. Combine one teaspoon of sea salt with one teaspoon of coconut oil into a bowl. Then apply the mixture all over your chapped lips then scrub gently with your fingers in a small circular motion. Do this for about a minute or until your lips feel smooth. Rinse with warm water after.
10. Use coconut oil on a cold sore. It may not be a cure for the blister itself, but it does offer a relief especially if you have dry lips. So you can dab it on as soon as you feel a blister start to form. And you can also take it orally. It will help to kill off that pesky herpes virus and as a result you will see that cold sores disappear much faster than usual.
11. Exfoliating body or face scrub. This is one of most popular uses of organic coconut oil all over the world. Use it as a base for a body scrub or a face scrub. For example, melt down some oil, stir in some sugar and let it cool for a while. Then it is ready to use. You can also add some other essential oils and enjoy aroma therapy.
12. You can even use it as a makeup remover sometimes. It will gently remove makeup from your face after a long day. Your face is something you would like to protect from chemicals as much as possible. Go ahead and use some coconut oil instead. As a result your face will feel healthy and nourished.
13. Coconut oil can help heal or lessen the appearance of a wide variety of skin blemishes. Some people have found that daily application of this oil has helped fade sun or aging spots. For instance, apply small amount of pure coconut oil onto a sun spot daily to help it fade.
14. Cheekbone highlighter. Highlighting your cheeks gives you that little extra glow that people can’t quite place, but will definitely notice. So apply a small amount of coconut oil the same as you would any other cheek bone cream and give yourself a naturally beautiful glow.
Coconut oil for hair care
15. You can use copra oil as a hair oil. It will help your split ends look better. Add few drops onto your palms. Rub your hands together and apply on wet or dry hair moving from ends to scalp.
16. You can even use it as a hair mask. Apply generously previously slightly heated coconut oil to your dry hair. Leave it for few hours or even overnight. Then shampoo as usual. As coconut oil has no color therefor it is safe to use on blond hair, too.
17. Flaky scalp treatment. You can use coconut oil together with other oils, like extra virgin olive oil, rosemary oil and tea tree oil to help your dry, itching flaky scalp.
Including coconut oil in your diet
18. Nowadays many people use coconut oil in cooking, especially in tropical countries. Basically you can use coconut oil in cooking like any other oil. For frying, baking, salad dressings. You can even add it to smoothies to get a nice texture.
19. Some KETO or PALEO diet specialists advice to add coconut oil to your coffee for weight loss. Certainly it contains some fatty acids which might help to raise the body’s metabolism and result in weight loss. However, keep in mind it is still an oil and contains a lot of calories itself.
20. An energy booster. Coconut oil may give you a great boost in energy. Who does not need some help in that department every now and then? Some people also feel that it helps boost their mental alertness.
21. Natural laxative. Some people swear that coconut oil taken every morning on an empty stomach in proper amount can help to keep your digestive track running smoothly.
Coconut oil around your house
22. You can use organic coconut oil as an ink cleaner. Do not worry if you find yourself with irritating ink smears and smudges on your hand. Simply rub a little edible oil over it. Let it sit for a minute or two and then wipe it off with a dry clean cloth.
23. Lubricates kitchen appliances. Rub a thin layer over the blades of kitchen appliances to keep them running smoothly. Importantly, be sure to store in a cool place so that layer stays firm.
24. Add shine to your real leather products. Gently wipe leather products with cloth damped in oil of coconut to make them look like new again and last longer.
25. Metal polish. Rub a bit of coconut oil over metal with a soft cloth let it sit for a minute and then buff until it shine. However, it is helpful to wipe the surface free of dust before applying the oil.
26. That’s pretty incredible. You can also use it to grease a bicycle chain. If you want to try using a green grease. Try a little bit of coconut oil on your bike chain to help it keep running smoothly. A thick layer is not needed as edible oil solidifies at temperatures under 76 degrees Fahrenheit. You do not want to gum up your chain.
27. Use coconut oil as pulling oil. It is known to have an antibacterial characteristics and potential whitening benefits. Check out our article to find out more.
28. Effective cuticles treatment. Rub some oil on your cuticles. As a result your nails will look healthy and shining. Also it will nourish skin on your hands.
29. As a breath freshener. Some people feel like they are lounging in the tropics when they get close up to your face. If you suffer from bad breath kick the problem with coconut oil. By holding a teaspoon or so in your mouth until it melts swish it around a bit and then either swallow it or spit it out.
30. Add to babies bath. Babies have wonderfully soft, smooth, healthy skin and we want to keep it that way. Try adding a few drops of coconut oil to your little ones bath. It may also help soothe any little rashes, scrapes or bug bites that may be bothering the little baby.